2. Use of Collected Data
- We collect personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us.
- We collect personal data from you in several different ways on the Site. Personal data means information that can reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, phone number, address, and email address). We collect this personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us (such as when you submit an inquiry or apply for a job online). You can choose not to provide the requested data, but you might not be able to take advantage of certain Site features.
- We automatically collect data about your browser or device and your use of the Site.
- When you access and use the Site, our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site (your IP address, browser type, the make and model of device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring web page, pages visited, search terms and other information relating to your use of the Site, browser or device).
- We also use various tracking technologies (such as cookies, clear GIFs, and/or pixel tags) to collect data about your use of and access to the Site. Cookies are small bits of information that may be placed on your computer by websites you visit, applications you use, or advertisements you view. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are. Pixel tags generate a generic notice of a visit to the Site. Pixel tags are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track the activity on the Site by a particular browser on a particular site.
- Third-parties may also automatically collect data about you.
We collect and use the types of data described above to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We may use the data to:
3. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
- Fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you volunteered the data (e.g., to respond to an inquiry, etc.);
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- Improve the Site or our products, events and services;
- Optimize your experience on the Site;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from arrangements between you and us; and
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law
- Additionally, we may use the data for marketing purposes to:
- Provide you with additional information regarding products, events and services from Alterra, and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies via email or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit; and
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising (such as creation of Facebook Lookalike Audiences).
To the extent you provide us with personal data, we are processing your personal data under the following lawful basis:
4. Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Embedded Content
- Processing necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
6. Protection and Retention of Data
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your data collected on this Site with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Business Transfer. In the event that Alterra undergoes a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of its assets, your data will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk and to safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
We respect children’s privacy. We do not target or knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either at least 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
.8. Data Controllers
The data controller for the personal data that you provide or that is collected by Alterra.9. Miscellaneous